The Model-4 Semi-Continuous OC-EC Field Analyzer features the latest advances in electronic and optical technology, and is rack mountable!
Product DownloadsDownload PDF – Model 4 Features
This rugged and compact instrument offers sensitive and reliable field operation with an optimized oven and detector design. Its access panel allows for easy filter service and calibration. New safety mechanisms and inline pressure regulators offer superior flow control.
This analyzer is perfect for:
- Ambient air quality and environmental exposure measurements
- Indoor air exposure assessment monitoring
- Long-term environmental research such as studying the effects of regulatory changes
- NIOSH exposure assessments in the workplace
This instrument is the only commercially available field deployable OC-EC analyzer with true laser-based pyrolysis correction and compatibility with accepted NIOSH 5040 and IMPROVE methods. It has a computer controlled flow system for enhanced sensitivity and fast analysis times. It also has a reduced need for support gases. The Model-4 Semi-Continuous OC-EC Field Analyzer has been extensively tested at several EPA super-sites and demonstrated excellent sensitivity, compared with other co-located integrated filter sampling systems.
- New smaller, lighter rack mountable design
- Easy access panel for filter service and calibration
- Analytical results comparable to NIOSH 5040
- Analysis profiles easily selectable to match NIOSH, IMPROVE, STN or custom applications
- Optimized photo detector and optical system
- Minimum quantifiable levels of 0.5 μg C/m3 each of OC and EC
- Improved NDIR detector with better temperature control and sensitivity
- 16-Bit data acquisition system with embedded CPU control
- Computerized flow controllers for all gasses
- New inline pressure regulators for superior flow control
- Precision tuned optical alignment for enhanced laser stability
- Improved temperature control with superior cooling fan configuration to allow more online sampling time
- New extended-life heating coils, with PID control algorithm for stable oven temperatures during analysis